Thursday, February 08, 2007

This is how it's done

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Bill Lester and I have your business card here and wondered if you had a minute to talk?"

"Uh, sure. What about?"

"Well, I'm contacting you because you're a business owner and I've found that entrepreneurs are an ambitious bunch. I'm looking for someone who is interested in making $250,000 this year. Do you know anyone who would be interested in an incredible opportunity such as this?"

"Um, how 'bout YOU, Mr. Bill Lester? Don't you want to make a quarter-million dollars this year so you wouldn't have to make these dumb phone calls to people you don't even know? Seems pretty simple to me."

click.

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Good for you! I hate those kinds of calls! (Oh -- by the way -- saw you yesterday in the Target parking lot as you were pulling out of your parking spot -- I had parked right next to you!)